Should the planned industrial action go ahead tomorrow, 12th January, we are advising the following:
- If Royal Berkshire or Great Western Hospitals need to cancel a patient appointment due to industrial action, they will have rung all affected patients to advise them by the end of today.
- Patients who have outpatient appointments or operations booked tomorrow who have not heard from the hospital should plan to attend.
- Berkshire West CCGs are working to ensure extra capacity for the WestCall out of hours service and Reading Walk in Centre during the period of industrial action.
- Keep A&E free for those patients who really need it, if it’s not a genuine emergency then DO NOT attend A&E.
- Call 111 for urgent medical advice, day or night – they will guide you to the correct NHS service.